Julian Kücklich is a media futurist associate and will be presenting „A Mass without Criticality – Virtual Worlds, Social Networks, and their Discontents„.
He and I talk about:
- What is your Facebook highscore? Why Facebook is as much about social status and gaming as World of Warcraft
- Social contracts and social pressure
- are gamers more literate in new media?
- empty signifiers and the struggle between the exploiters and exploited
- why it is not just about exploitation but also empowerment
- self made profiling
- his new job as media futurist associate where he will be working very with old fashioned entities
Last years interview with him: „Online-Rollenspiele als soziale Utopieräume“
(Dieser Text wurde aus einem alten Blogsystem importiert und kann Fehler ausweisen, sorry).