At one point in history local media was just that, media that was created by, and focusing on the local. Over the years of consolidation of mass media much of the local reporting was moved to major cities and syndication took over. Thanks to the increasing availability of tools, hyperlocal placeblogs are bringing local reporting back to the locals.
From Los Angeles, to New Orleans, to Karachi to London – local bloggers are proving to be a better source of information than any major media company could ever be. This is already happening, where will it go from here?
He and I talk about
- how it all got started in Los Angeles with blogging.la
- early growth and mistakes on the way
- what is working in placeblogging or not
- his impressions of his last 2 month Europe trip but why he still loves L.A.
- how L.A. actually was setup to be with public transportation
- His entry on the republica speaker list
- Sean Bonner’s Blog
- And in case you get curious, the Berlin Metroblog can be found under berlin.metblogs.com, another unrelated one called Hauptstadtblog here.
(Dieser Text wurde aus einem alten Blogsystem importiert und kann Fehler ausweisen, sorry).